Sunday 11 November 2012

You’re the same today as you’ll be in five years except for the people you meet and the books you read - Charlie “Tremendous” Jones

Sometimes nothing works out as you want it to.  Or as it should.  Life collides with the universe and advancement is impossible.  Well, I’m there.

Firstly, I lost a very important notebook.  It had contacts and details in it that I may never retrieve.  I never lose things.  Never.  This was a bad sign.  Following this, a series of strange and unexpected events have conspired to disturb and destabilise my normally sedate and very normal existence.  I’m somewhat lost for words.  Lost generally.  This is disturbing.
My joy of reading has taken a hit as a result.  It is less, well, joyous.  I find myself too troubled to take in the words which would normally soothe my being.  I come round to find myself sitting – at home or in public – with book open, pages waiting to welcome me in, but unable to cross the threshold from this world into that one.  My mind is elsewhere.  Far, far away.  Tramping through thoughts and distractions.  Very disturbing, indeed.
My sanctuary is fragile and rocked.  I need to do something.  Take action.  Quickly.  Presently, I’m soothing myself with some wine.  Wine is a great soother.  Or so I'm told.  This is Welsh wine, at that.  I kid you not.  Ty-Hafod.  Very fruity. Very refreshing.  I’m waiting for the soothing to begin. 
All that said, I did read something touching this week.  Something which touched me even in my seemingly untouchable state.  Wise words from Maya Angelou: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”  Is that not wisdom?  And a wonderful principal to apply?  And see applied?  Would the world not be a better place if it was a guiding principal for one and all?
I’m planning to apply it.  Once I’m soothed and back on track.  In the meantime, please forget everything I say, do and how I make you feel.  Until it’s as good as it should be.  Or close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment